Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12/25/2013 - MTC Christmas Letter

Hey Dad,

   Christmas morning and I only have 20 min to write to you. So much to say and in so little time. I loved all of the presents that you have sent and they are wonderful. We opened them this morning and had a sleep over in the front room.  I am sick with the flu or something in my lungs, I am coughing a lot but it gets better in the day.  I sent written letters on Monday so they should be there about Friday.  I am sorry to say that they might not be up lifting at the moment when I wrote them, which was at the beginning of last week. Everything is definitely much better and I look forward to sharing some experiences with you.

    One in particular, it was last Sunday, and one of the Hermana's in our room was sick and she wasn't getting any better. So after Sunday movie night, (talks from prophets) she asked our District leader if he would give her a blessing and Elder Hill is 18 and is the super tall one and as soon as she asked him, his whole countenance changed, he usually goofed off or said some weird remark, and he got really quiet and reverenced and asked one of our zone leaders to help, Elder Kennedy and we all went into a back room of the church building and they both got together and one of them pulled a small white slip of paper out of his pocket that had the blessings written down. And they carefully examined it and then Elder Kennedy pulled out the small vial with the consecrated oil in it and he poured out so carefully one drop on her head, and then they both said the blessing. It was one of the sweetest blessing I have ever heard for the healing of the sick. The spirit was so strong and the simpleness and direct revelation they were receiving from heavenly father for Hermana Morgan was so pure that words can't really describe what it was like. Afterwards they said that it was their first time doing a blessing like that and you could see these young boys turn into Elders in that moment and it was amazing.

     I am so grateful for the Elders and the Priesthood power that they hold. I am so grateful for the blessings of the Priesthood and I know that I am here for a reason and I only hope that I will do the best I can for Heavenly Father so that His plan may come to pass.  I love all of you and I hope that you have a beautiful and wonderful and the happiest Christmas Ever. I have 'P' day tomorrow so I will send another letter for you but it will be longer.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he was sent here to earth for us that we may return to live with our Father in Heaven. I love you all, if you could send pictures of you through mail so that I can have a hard copy. thanks, I love you all.

Love,

Hermana Newmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment