Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/2014 - Los Pinos Letter & Pics

Hospital! Stake Conference! Hot!

Hey Everyone,

  So this week has been wonderful! we prepared the week for the Stake Conferencia and the talks were truly inspiring. So Mormon Standard Time really hasn't changed i thought it was just for Utah and Arizona, well that changed, everyone here in Mexico is late. like 20 min late. Our Speaker was Elder Viallabos? i don't know, anyway, he talked about how important the sacrament is and how if we show up late its like us saying "i don't care about you" and this is to Heavenly Father, oooooh everyone was super quiet during his talk, and then he talked on the importance of being reverent during the sacrament and the whole meeting. It was awesome!

   So Earlier that week my companion was sick again, this is like her 10th time going to the hospital, and they put an IV in her and ran fluids through her for 6 hours. While we were there they had a patient come in and was in cardiac arrest, and they worked on the person for about an hour, and then they declared that they died. That was all new to me, i remember sitting there and thinking, what would the family say, would happen to the family and things just piled up in my mind. i opened the hymn book and began flipping through the songs and i found 'God be with you till we meet again' one of the blessings of learning another language is understanding the songs differently, In spanish it says 'Para siempre Dios este con Vos' in english it means, 'Forever God is with Us' I read the song and it brought comfort to me, it wasn't until we met again, it was, He is here with us! forever! right now! and we only have to look to let him in. 

   This week has not all been to easy or wonderful, there are always hard trials and difficulties along the way. And we always, always have Heavenly Father with us in that hour, in the minute, and the moment when we need him the most. I love being here and serving the people it has been a wonderful experience, especially one that i will never forget! I love the Lord, I love Jesus Christ, I love my Family, I love my Companion, I love the work of the Lord, I love the moments when i can see his hand in my life, and i can say, Yes! this is what he wants me to do, I will go, and do everything. I know that this church is true, i know that heavenly Father Loves us and wants us to live with him forever! Thank you for everything.

Always Happy,

Hermana Newmeyer

Culiacan (Hermosa) at Night

Studying the 10 Commandments while my companion sleeps

Companion in the Hospital

Elder Viallabos?

I can make a cake a la Mexicana

No comments:

Post a Comment