Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12/8/2014 - Mazatlan Letter and Pic

Choir, Patience, Throw-Up

Hey Everyone,

  So this week has been great! We were able to teach people and let them know more about Jesus Christ and share the video of "He is the Gift" so powerful, I love it! We also have run into some members who have not been to church in forever and we brought them back and one of them is a young man named Jesus, and he brought three of his friends to church for the Christmas Devotional, granted they came late but they stayed when we practiced the songs for our Missionary Navideña. And they were really amazed in the messages and the spirit that was there. It was great we were able to put meetings with them. 

  So for our Zone we were asked to put together a choir and we were all together and our Zone leader asked if there were anyone of us who knew how to direct, they asked a couple of people and they said no, so i volunteered, :) perhaps not the best idea but hey i got everyone laughing and they all participated in singing the songs. It was cool, anyway, so i am the choir director for our Zone and they all sound great. i love them all. :) We have a couple of practices this week planned but we also have transfers this week and i really don't know if i am leaving or not, i don't think i am, but i believe that most of our choir will be leaving. uh oh. O_o 

   So we headed out with a family from my companion's old ward and about halfway through the drive her little son that was sitting on the lap of my companion and Hermana Castillo, decided to throw up, we took pictures and he continued to throw up all over the hermana's until we pulled over and opened the car door. It was hilarious, the poor little guy was a little car sick from the ride from Culiacan to Mazatlan. We all piled out cleaned and then headed back the way we came and ate lunch instead of going to the marina. It was great. 

   This week has been great, and full of changes and things that i am learning everyday. Its amazing to see the progress of where i started one year ago in my house to where i am now, in Mexico, teaching people about Jesus Christ. To not speaking or understanding Spanish at all to being able to joke with someone and talk about their desires and wishes. To see where i was and thought that i was okay, to now where i know i can grow more, see where Heavenly Father is molding my life to help others. I have read a scripture in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, where Peter is asking Heavenly Father to take away his weaknesses and help him to become better, After talking with him, Peter says in the last verse, 

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

   Well I know that this is true, i have seen it shape my life through the thick and thin, i know that no matter what we think is impossible or hard, we can achieve it with Heavenly Father near our side. I love you all, thank you for your letters and I hope that this year we will be able to look back on the things we have learned from Heavenly Father and not what we have accomplished.  I love you all again, thanks for everything, Feliz Navidad!

Always Happy,

Hermana Newmeyer


No comments:

Post a Comment