Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4/13/2015 - Culiacan Letter & Pics

Don't Give Up

Hey Everybody,

   Oooooh This week was really hard for me. I know i don't say that much, but really every week is really hard but this week was spiritually and emotionally hard for me. So i do have some time on the mission and i do understand Spanish fairly well to talk with people and say how's it going. But this past transfer i have had almost everyday, someone comment on how my Spanish is not good at all, and they don't understand me. Ouch. I am pretty sure there has come a time in every person's life that they feel that they are doing alright and they understand and they have worked hard and still are working hard, and then someone says, no you are not.  At first you don't believe them or you just don't understand, and you keep walking down the road, again someone calls out ''that's the wrong way!'' this time you notice them and you feel something, then they call out again, ''hey, you don't know where you are going.''  Then you stop in the road only to find yourself alone and not sure where to go.  Why is it so hard to understand, why is it so difficult to just do what we feel is right, or know to be right through diligent scripture study, prayer and going to church.  All i can say is, i don't know. In life there are challenges but we will never go anywhere if we just stop in the road. Doctrine y Covenants 24:8.

   So that was one of the things bothering me, my Spanish, i guess i am glad that i still sound American so when i come home no one will think how funny my accent is. So we have been working with a young man for about a month now, and he has been reading out of the Book of Mormon and he stopped drinking and he was just excelling in his boxing, he was going good. But he still had a problem with knowing for sure what he was to do in life. We had shared with him a lot of finding your personal answers through prayer and he was praying, but he was also talking with his friends, and they were still drinking, and just not doing great things. They told him that church = responsibility, baptism = commitment, and its true, but he looked at it as, ''i don't need anymore commitments or responsibility'' He said he didn't want to get baptized anymore and his family didn't want to listen to us. My heart just broke, i felt awful, did me and my companion do everything for them? did we teach them right? was the spirit there? we later went to another investigator and she had the same answer, she didn't want to get baptized.

  This morning our alarm went off, and it was Josh Groban ''You Raise me Up'' we thought it would be hilarious because we have to get up in the morning so why not have someone sing to us to get up. But i was listening to the words and they are beautiful:

When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

You raise me up to more than I can be.

  If we trust in our Heavenly Father he will be there for us, we just need to believe in him and keep going on. Never doubting, never losing sight of who we can become. It is hard but we will be able to do it. I love you all, thanks for believing in Him.

Always Happy,

Hermana Newmeyer

Cevichurros

Chimichangas

Fish

Swimming?

No comments:

Post a Comment