Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2/2/2015 - Culiacan Letter & Pics

Culiacan!!

 Hey Everyone,

   I am in Culiacan again but in another area! super excited My companion is Hermana Ogden and she is from Nevada super cool, she acts just like my twin. I showed up and we took a taxi to our apartment, super cool we have a roof and there are hammocks as well, and we can see for miles because any two-story house you can see in any direction. We came to our apartment and it was in a really bad condition, super super dirty, and my companion was like, i feel bad because my last companion did not want to clean. So you know what we did next, Deep clean and when i say deep clean i mean super duper deep clean, we were scrubbing walls and took our mattresses up top to air out in the sun, and we cleaned out our whole fridge, everything smelled of clorox and fabuloso(its a cleaner here) and for the next 4 hours we cleaned. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! you could feel the spirit enter and everything just seemed brighter and cheerful, we also had our mormon tab, full on and singing and sharing stories and everything. It was fun to watch all of the spiderwebs leave and the dirt swept off the floor. The black fuzzed walls in our bathroom change to perfectly white tiles, we found out that the floor tiles are actually a pretty green color and not brown. It was a good day.

   I can definitely say that a clean home is a better home, a clean home is where the spirit can dwell and you just feel good. :) i love being clean! i guess that's what it feels like when you are baptized, just clean and happy, feeling good and remembering that everything is possible if you just put a little bit of elbow grease into it. Or read your scriptures, pray and go to church remembering that we have taken the name of our lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to be examples in his name. I am so excited to go out and serve the people!!!!! This is going to be the best transfer ever!!!! I love you all, hope you like the pictures!

love you all,
Hermana Newmeyer

Excerpt from her letter to Johanna

well i am back in Culiacan this transfer, and i am with an amazing sister, her name is hna. ogden super great, and she really is my twin, her name is Rachel and she acts just like Rachel it kinda freaked me out, but i am so happy, and she is so ready to work, its like a fresh breath of air, my other companion didn't really want to work and she is going home this transfer so i think she got trunky really fast. anyway, we have so many hills here its crazy! i am going to come back with killer legs :P I love you so much mom, you are amazing! and just spiritually contagious helping others in every way. Thank you! i have found out i am acting more and more like you here in the mission its so stinking hilarious because everyone looks at me and are like ¨where did that come from¨ and then im like jejeje my mom, :) super funny!

Hermana with Mardi Gras mask

Love the crab meat

so you know when your tall when you don't fit in your own camera, we were all laughing

Thumbs Up

Me and my new companion

No comments:

Post a Comment