Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6/16/2014 - Los Pinos Letter & Pics

Faith Hill and Hard Work Hill

Hey Everyone,

  This week has been great! my companion can walk now!! but very little, so we bring her wheelchair and when she gets tired or her foot hurts more she rides and i push.  We have two very steep hills in our area, I call them Faith and Hard Work. One day, i was pushing my companion and we headed to an appointment and we started up Hard Work Hill/baby mountain and it was okay we started and the incline of the hill was really steep and it was really really really hot. The humidity was thick and sticky and the air was muggy and a little hard to breath sometimes, we got about half way and my legs were cramping and my back started to hurt. In my mind i said ' i can do this, a little hard but i can do this' we made it to the top and my whole face was red and wet, i think i sweated from every pore there was a nice little stream running down my face.  We knocked on our investigators door and she wasn't home, not to worry we would come back another time in the day. We descended and looked for other people.

   Later on in the day, much later when the sun is at its peak, we decide to go up another side Faith Hill, and still pushing my companion in her wheelchair, we headed up. The sun was hot and burning the back of my neck and arms. I started to sweat again and this time i could feel it running down my back and my forearms were sticky. We got about half way and my breathing was harder and i now was walking slower, in my mind i was thinking ' can i do this? this is harder the second time.' we made it to the top, my whole body was shaking and i was thinking i couldn't do that again. Then my companion looked up at me and said two words that i will always remember, 'thank you.' 

   I don't think i ever felt such a sweeter or more tender experience in my whole life. I was overwhelmed with an immense love for her and remember thinking, that I have a brother who did something for me, something that i couldn't even begin to imagine the pain or suffering he did. He died for me. He took my sins, my own selfish sins, He paid for them. And then he did something more, He took all the sins of every person that has lived, is living and will yet live in this earth. Why? Because he loves us. There is a small video that just came out from the Church, its - 'Because of Him' - in Spanish its 'Gracias a El'  (thank you for Him). Thank you. Two words. 

   I have learned so much this transfer, I have never been so tired, or worn out even more than dancing, but i have also never been so happy, so filled with joy and peace. The light and truth is real. I can see it growing in me and in the people that we teach. Look for the light, look for it in other people and serve them, serve them with all your heart, with all your might mind and soul. Put aside your wants and worries and focus on theirs. there is a quote from this general Conference i love, its from our dear beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson. he quoted Dale Carnegie as saying, “Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.”

  I love you all, i love receiving letters and email from you, I hope that you all are doing great! Thank you so much. Thank you.

Always Happy, 

Hermana Newmeyer







No comments:

Post a Comment