Cities and Companions

Cities and Companions

Monday, June 30, 2014

6/23/2014 - Los Pinos Letter & Pics

Hey Everyone,

    This week has been amazing!! I received a letter from my dear friend Alicia Carter and she is serving her mission in San Jose California!!!!! how exciting, and my cousin Jordan is leaving for his mission soon! oh this is joy to my heart, this missionary work moves forward and all because the people want to serve the Lord and help him in every way possible.  i am smiling from ear to ear right now.

   So there were some clouds in the distance and my heart was like "please please please let it rain, please" my prayers were answered. One day my companion and i were walking and it was hot and sweaty like usual and we had just checked out an apartment for new missionaries in our area. And then it started to get windy, so windy it was hard to walk with out my skirt blowing up every few seconds. Then we felt raindrops, now i'm not talking about the nice pitter patter of Arizona rain, mixed with lights and sound. The raindrops were literally the size of the palms of my hands. I now know the meaning its raining cats and dogs. My companion and i ran for a tree and started to take pictures we then walked home to grab bags for books so they wouldn't get wet.

    We were so soaked it was crazy, my companion had a rain poncho and i didn't, so i found a large plastic bag, ripped three holes in the end for my head and my arms and went out to work, it was great! but we were a little wet. We found a really great family that were nice and accepted everything that we had said and would like us to come back and share some more! we were excited despite being very wet, my companion sat by the air fan and she was cold, we headed home made sopa and heated water for our feet! It was great. There were also small rivers in the street we could have gone swimming, we had fun working in the rain.

    This week has been wonderful, sometimes i wonder if i will ever find anyone and teach them the gospel and they want to accept it with all their hearts. Its really hard to teach them that they accept. I am brought to remembrance a video that we watched here in the mission. Its called the Missionary Work, if you have a chance look it up in youtube and watch it. Elder Henry B. Eyring and Elder Holland give their testimonies about the Missionary Work.

   Elder Holland says something like this "when it is hard, and when you don't have anyone to teach remember that Salvation was never a Cheap experience, we have to feel something for the people here to bring them to salvation, why would it be easy for us when it was never ever easy for Him." we have to work everyday, teach everyday, lead by example every day of our lives, not just the missionary two years or 18 months, every day of our lives we represent Christ and what he did for us. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to remember him. That's all, he loves us so much! I know he loves each and everyone of us. Remember Him!

   I love you all and thank you for everything!

Always Happy,

Hermana Newmeyer

View of the City or the Tree in the Driveway

Just me and My Hermana

Look at the Rain

Dancing in the Rain

Plastic Garbage Bag, Poncho, Umbrella, Go

Warming the Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment